Public relations agency specializing in theatre and live entertainment.
Vivacity Media Group is a dynamic publicity team founded upon – and named for – a core principle of infusing every facet of a campaign with verve and vitality. We engage the public with the life and character of a brand, and through unique creative platforms, secure its position in the national conversation.
- Consult with client and sculpt BRAND IDENTITY AND KEY MESSAGING – continuing to refine messaging as the process evolves.
- Deliver a PR PLAN (including target media list), strategy and timeline.
- Craft PRESS RELEASES for all newsworthy announcements, with client’s guidance & approval, and distribute to our 2000+ relevant arts & entertainment, lifestyle, theater and pop culture media contacts in television, radio, print, online.
- MEDIA TRAIN all talent, creative team members and producers prior to interactions with the press.
- Develop strategy for CRISIS COMMUNICATION when necessary.
- Oversee the capturing and editing of all PHOTOGRAPHY and VIDEO materials for publicity use.
- Write, edit and update PRESS KITS with all client background information for distribution to the media.
- Continuous MEDIA MONITORING for all client mentions in broadcast, print, and online, with timely CLIP DISTRIBUTION to client
- Using our knowledge of, and relationships with, media outlets across the country, we craft PITCHES tailored to each outlet and writer, to secure feature stories in newspapers, magazines, television, radio and online.
- We coordinate all INTERVIEWS, BROADCAST APPEARANCES, or editorial PHOTO SHOOTS that take place – providing on-site management of the appearance, and supplying the talent with all important details and talking points.
- Brainstorm and execute creative, brand-appropriate and media-worthy EVENTS/’STUNTS’ at the venue or other locations. This is a specialty of Vivacity’s. Some examples: Rock Of Ages’ Super Bowl #BroadwayBlitz, 'Rock Out With Your Cookout', Air Guitar Guinness World Record; 'A Very Heathers Prom'; Evita’s Bilingual First Preview Press Conference.
- Create and send invitations for PRESS PREVIEWS or SCREENINGS to notable critics, writers, editors, TV producers and bloggers. Our team conducts thorough follow up, manages RSVPs, and provides staff support to manage press access on-site for the event.
- Help plan and oversee OPENING NIGHTS or any other pressworthy red carpet event. Invite media to cover (photos, video) the evening.
- Over 20 years combined experience handling press & publicity for arts, entertainment and theater.
- In addition to PR, we can provide expertise and guidance to new producers on a variety of topics based on the years we’ve spent in the industry.
- We will always be available to discuss any matter in which you seek an additional advice or past precedence.
With twelve years of experience in theatrical publicity, veteran press agent Leslie Papa worked as a Senior Account Executive at The Hartman Group (formerly Barlow-Hartman) before launching Vivacity Media Group in 2014.
Additional theater credits include Heathers: The Musical, Catch Me If You Can, On A Clear Day You Can See Forever, Wintuk by Cirque Du Soleil, 13, Cyrano de Bergerac starring Kevin Kline and Jennifer Garner, Company, Movin’ Out, the 2007 revival of Grease, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Billy Crystal’s 700 Sundays, and Sweeney Todd starring Patti LuPone and Michael Cerveris.
Outside the scope of traditional theatre PR, Papa has developed the publicity campaigns for television shows & specials, notable performers, philanthropic enterprises and production companies. TV credits include the NBC television series “SMASH,” MTV’s Legally Blonde special and reality show “The Search for Elle Woods,” and the NBC reality series “Grease: You’re the One That I Want.”
A graduate of Columbia University, Papa began her career in theater at Carol Fineman Publicity, representing the Public Theater as well as various other Off-Broadway productions including the multi-award winning production of The Exonerated, Modern Orthodox, and Hank Williams: Lost Highway.
Whitney Holden Gore
Whitney Holden Gore has worked for eight years as a publicist within the theater, music and performing arts industries. Prior to Vivacity Media Group, she worked as a press agent at Broadway publicity firm The Hartman Group.
Whitney hails from Connecticut and has a B.A. in Public Relations from Miami University. Before landing on the Great White Way, she worked as a publicist at Cohn Dutcher Associates, representing music and performing arts clients such as The New York Pops at Carnegie Hall, Chicago’s acclaimed Ravinia Festival, and Caramoor International Music Festival. When not speedwalking through the theater district, Whitney can usually be found playing with her dog Penny in Brooklyn Bridge Park, perusing the history section of Barnes & Noble, or continuing her neverending mission to find the city’s best spots for cold brew coffee, bourbon cocktails, lobster rolls and mac & cheese.